There are a narrow set of patients who are good candidates for Focal Laser Ablation. When properly selected, Focal Laser Ablation produces the results that patients want without the side effects of surgery and radiation.
Take a look at this list – do you share any of these characteristics? You don’t need to share all of them to be a good candidate.
- Age: You are older than 65
- Family History: You have no family history of prostate cancer (your father and brothers have not died from the prostate cancer)
- Race: You are not African American
- Gleason Score: Your score is low at 3+3, 3+4, 4+3.
- Tumor Location: Your tumor is confined to the prostate gland (meaning it has not metastasized). There is no seminal vesical involvement.
- Tumor Size: Your tumor is no larger than 2cm
- PSA Levels: Your most recent Prostate Specific Antigen test results are between 4 and 10
- Symptoms: Sudden urge to urinate, waking up to urinate, weak stream
- Recovery Time: You want to return to work within the week.
- Risk Tolerance: You have a low risk tolerance for side effects and do not want urinary or sexual function impacted
If you think you might be eligible for focal therapies, please reach out and ask.